Working with Polaroid material in the field can be a bit hit-and-miss, particularly when attempting transfers in the cold – it seems to always end up as a sticky, but colourful mess. Last time out I tried using warm water to wet the paper and so bring everything up to temperature, which seems to work quite well.
Finally got around to doing my first shoot of 2007 – with the utterly fabulous Skin. Shot some more Polaroid 679 and did some on-the-spot watercolour-paper transfers – always fun.
Still have the Kodak HIE infrared to develop, but that’s a job for later in the week.
Shot Sammie B on Friday night, and decided to avoid digital entirely – so I took my Shen-Hao 5×4 field camera and a big pile of Polaroid film. I’m finding the learning-cure with this stuff to be quite steep, but did manage to take one shot that I’m pretty pleased with.