Finished working through the digital images from Tuesday’s shoot with Lyn, and completed this one. It’s lit through the same piece of glass that was used in Oblique – always an interesting way to add some texture to the light.
I shot Lyn for the first time yesterday – mostly lightpainting, but also a little 5×4 work that’s destined for albumen printing when I can find a good quality paper that doesn’t react badly to the sensitiser. (more…)
I think the switch on my faithful old Duracell torch may be failing, as the brightness seems to be somewhat variable these days. It’s not the batteries or the bulb, so I may, sadly, have to retire it and buy a new one. It did, however, manage to produce this image of Joanna with what little luminance it has left: (more…)
I’ve decided to have a go at making some albumen prints, so I spent the evening breaking eggs and separating the white from the yolk. Having witnessed the fate of a good dozen of its fellows, one egg made a valiant and slippery bid for freedom, flew across the kitchen and attempted to hide in a cupboard. This resulted in a considerable amount of swearing and the unscheduled washing of a stack of plates. The egg did not survive.
On Saturday night I took my Canon 5D out to the Falls of Clyde with McInnes to do some more night shooting. We had made the same trip (in the dark) the the previous weekend, but as I had only my 5×4 with me the best I managed to do was fall down a hole while attempting to lightpaint a ruin. This time out I shot the falls instead, but managed not to fall in.